Blog Journal #9 🤓

 Hey!

    Being a distance learner, especially in a K-12 setting, was such an odd experience. My first encounter with distance learning involved a harsh transition into it but ended up benefiting myself as a student in the end. This semester, though, the distance learning was intentional and preplanned. I actually really enjoyed this class' modality. Working at my own pace is something very helpful to me because I tend to vary in activities on a weekly basis, which can be impacted by my classes. Having the resources to work well and be supported in my individual work endeavors. The major thing I didn't really like in comparison to the rest of my classes was the personal connections you can make with classmates and teachers when in person. However, I feel like I have still been able to develop relationships within this class! As a teacher in the future, I think I would like to have some extra-curricular Zoom meetings or something interactive. Providing opportunities for my students to interact with me or others is, in my opinion, a great option.

    Open educational resources are resources that teachers can use without having to worry about intellectual licensing as they would with other resources. They are referred to as OER resources because of this accessibility, or their openness. The employment of these resources involves the five R's (retain, reuse, revise, remix, and redistribute) which teachers may use as guidelines for their work. When using OER, these alliterative terms are vital to take into consideration to maintain the freedoms associated with their use. The University of Mary Washington has a good article regarding the concept of OER. The article defines the term while furthering the reader's understanding by comparatively explaining the resources. It was very beneficial to read, especially if you want to begin employing OER so that you may stay within the realm of legal use.

Link to the OER resource: https://provost.umw.edu/oer/what-are-oer/

My Blog: https://eperroneme.blogspot.com/

    I used to think I was a PowerPoint (PP) aficionado, but then I completed these two projects. Working on the first PP assignment I was fairly familiar with all of the components. The major skill I gained was putting the voice on top of the slides. One of my teachers does this and her class was the first time I saw the sound overlaid, and it was exciting to learn to do it myself. This assignment was a well-planned task, and I think to do it again I would prefer it be structured the same. The second assignment was slightly more difficult than the first. Learning how to make a PP interactive was a lot more challenging than I thought. However, learning how to complete this work was highly beneficial to me. The only thing I would change about this assignment would be the length/amount of slides. I understand the reasoning for the amount, however, I feel that the skill mastery can be demonstrated with fewer slides. Otherwise, I enjoyed doing both assignments no matter how difficult they were!!

Assignment 1:



   




Assignment 2:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal #6 🕶